Sunday, February 3, 2013

The "Mane" Ingredient...

In my quest for longer, stronger hair, I've come across a product that has some great reviews on Amazon and a ton of natural hair boards...



Eqyss Mega-tek Rebuilder Hoof, Mane & Tail
It's actually an equine coat builder, but over the years, some ladies (and gentlemen) have experimented and found that it grows their hair longer, stronger, and thicker.  It's packed with Keratin and Protein, which are both awesome for  for dry and weak strands.  According to the company, regular use will increase the strength of your hair by up to 30%.  A great bonus?  Applying a bit to the cuticles acts as a strengthener for your nails as well!

I've been wearing my hair natural lately (in its curly state, with a bit of jojoba and curl gel to tame it).   I use this, diluted with a bit of black castor oil, sprayed onto the scalp as a leave-in conditioner.  I use this method 3 times a week.  I also use it as a deep conditioner (including on the ends) once a week.  I usually mix it with a more moisturizing deep conditioner (my usual: Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenisher) for my weekly masks.  I've definitely noticed a TON of new growth in the month I've been using it.  I've also seen my hair become softer, and thicker, especially at the temple area and hairline. 

So far, I'm having a pretty good time with this stuff.  My only complaint is the smell (the artificial coconut/tropical smell is not the best).  It reminds me of my pup's shampoo, but it's not overpowering when used sparingly as a leave-in, or just rinsed out.  I have also noticed that I need a little bit more moisture on my ends, and use a different conditioner for that purpose.  Some people can OD on the protein, and I think in one of those people if i used it more often and didn't do a little extra for my ends. Overall, I will definitely keep this around...I'm pretty happy with the results so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment