Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Apply it Right: Makeup brushes you MUST have

Stippling Brush

These are absolutely amazing for applying foundations or BB creams.  I prefer them to foundation brushes or your hands.  They are dense enough to hold a good amount of product and the stiffness of the brush lets you buff the makeup onto the skin beautifully.

Concealer Brush

I can honestly say I personally prefer to apply my concealer with my fingertips a majority of the time.  I feel the heat from my hands allows it to "melt" better into my skin.  That being said, I still have a concealer brush in my "go-to" brush kit.  I occasionally use it for the undereye area, and if I'm having a particularly good skin day, the brush allows me to allow a lot less product and in a more pinpointed way.

Fluffy Brush

Everyone that powders NEEDS this brush.  I have oily areas on my face, and I cannot wear makeup without setting it with some Powder.  I have a full sized fluffy for application,  and a travel fluffy for touch ups of mattifying powder throughout the day.



Lip Brush

This, like the concealer brush, doesn't always get used, but I like to keep one in my stash.  If I'm wearing a super dark shade, i like the precision that this brush gives me. 

Eyeliner Brush

If you wear gel liner or use shadows as liner as much as I do, this is a necessity for you.  It makes the task of creating various types of liner shapes (cat eye, thin line, thick line, etc) really easy.  I'd invest in a good, full sized brush, as some of the smaller ones that may come with the gel liner aren't that great, and can be difficult to work with.

Slanted Blush Brush

These are my favorite type of brushes for blush.  The angled bristles allow for more control in application, and a more natural finish.  Its also the best for contouring and highlighting.




Eyeshadow Brushes

Now, there are a couple types of eyeshadow brushes that ever eyeshadow fan needs to have.  A stiff bristled brush (have multiples!) that allows for precise application in the crease and at the browbone.  A fluffy brush (Again, I like to have multiples) for blending shadows together.

No comments:

Post a Comment